I have a problem wif IE 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_Saint

I constantly get time outs to some web sites and i can't see banners on msn and download.com websites. I checked out the ISP but they told me the problem is wif microsoft but i just reloaded my os. It can't be a os problem could it???

E_Saint said:
I constantly get time outs to some web sites and i can't see banners on msn and download(DOT)com websites. I checked out the ISP but they told me the problem is wif microsoft but i just reload my os. It can't be a os problem could it???
Do away with monopolisation and install Mozilla's Firefox.....a free and painless alternative to IE

www.firefox.com

Thanks, but

thanks i hv mozilla all ready, but i nd ie for other thgs :) thanks for trying

reinstall IE6

why not just try and reinstall IE6 ??

rather than running that annoying download manager thing, do this:

download the ie6setup.exe from Microshaft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en

copy the file into a folder on your hard disk (e.g c:\install files)

once the ie6setup.exe has downloaded, go to start, run and use the following string:

"C:\install files\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

follow the on screen instructions and it should work fine. unless you're on DIALUP!

let me know how you get on

meatologist said:
why not just try and reinstall IE6 ??

rather than running that annoying download manager thing, do this:

download the ie6setup.exe from Microshaft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en

copy the file into a folder on your hard disk (e.g c:\install files)

once the ie6setup.exe has downloaded, go to start, run and use the following string:

"C:\install files\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

follow the on screen instructions and it should work fine. unless you're on DIALUP!

let me know how you get on
i hv tried tat to ... in fact i dun think it is a problem wif the software ... cos mozilla has the same problem ... thanks for any help ...

Heres da solution

Ive th same problem on windows xp pro service pack 2. My IE 6 is service pack 2 too. If u have installed kazaa sometime, this problem will begin to appear on ie mozilla or any other browser. I tried installing netscape but it failed too. So i checked one file that was created at the same time that kazza was installed, and i find this
Just do this, go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc , and modify the file Host and host.bak. Just open the file and edit it in notepad. U will se a large number of host under this ip 127.0.0.1 , just delete them. I dont know if is safe to delete the whole file, but i edited it, and now i have no more problems with ie6 image display.

Every image display normally now
Tell me if it worked
Rikardo

reconsider

ricardo1186 said:
Just do this, go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc , and modify the file Host and host.bak. Just open the file and edit it in notepad. U will se a large number of host under this ip 127.0.0.1 , just delete them. I dont know if is safe to delete the whole file, but i edited it, and now i have no more problems with ie6 image display.
These entries in the HOST file are intended to avoid sites with know worms and pop-up junk. Normally these are all GOOD things to have. If you find a specific site you actuall 'NEED', then delete that one entry and save the file.

I suggest this is not a safe thing to do!

:knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back