I have installed Windows .Net Enterprise Server Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Hello...

Today I received a Beta of Windows .Net Enterprise Server, which is the Server version of XP. And the nice version at that, falling short of Datacenter version which (LOL) runs on a minimum of 8 CPUs. Luckily this version will accept a single CPU rig.

Installation and configuration have been easy. Lots of new features, and plenty of new things. IIS version 6, for example.... Too much too quickly, but for now I will post a screen shot:

dotnet.jpg

Its my intention to move my Windows XP professional installation to another partition to keep for compatibility purposes (as I have with Windows 98) and then cut down my installed operating systems so that the main ones are Windows .Net Enterprise Server and Red Hat Linux 7.3

This involves about a day or sos' work for me, however I am thinking to wait until the final release of .Net Server. Beta 3 (this one I have) is the final Beta before the release candidate stage. Some of the RCs will upgrade to others but not always so I think its better to wait to do what I want to do until the final release.

What's New in Windows .NET Server

The Windows .NET Server family builds on the strength of Windows 2000 with evolutionary improvements that will deliver a superior and cost-effective server. Learn about the many new features and technologies that make Windows .NET Server an ideal server platform for organizations of any size.

The 11 technology overviews on this page are designed to give IT professionals, developers, and technical decision makers a quick summary of what's new for each of the core technologies in the Windows .NET Server family.

These articles also explain how the improvements in Windows .NET Server can make your computing infrastructure more dependable, your workers more productive, and your organization better connected.

What's New in Active Directory
A central component of the Windows platform, the Active Directory® service provides the means to manage the identities and relationships that make up network environments. This article provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements for Active Directory.

What's New in Application Services
Advances in Windows .NET Server provide many benefits for developing applications, resulting in lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and better performance. This article provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements for application services.

What's New in Clustering Services
Clustering Services provide significant improvements in availability, scalability and manageability. Installation and setup is easier and more robust in Windows .NET Server, and enhanced network features provide greater failover capabilities and high system uptime. This article provides an overview of the benefits, new features, and improvements for Clustering Services.

What's New in File and Print Services
Windows .NET Server delivers improved file and print functionality, allowing you to reduce overall total cost of ownership (TCO). This article provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements for file and print services in Windows .NET Server.

What's New in Internet Information Services 6.0
With Internet Information Services 6.0 (IIS 6.0), Microsoft has completely revised the IIS architecture in the Windows Server Product Family to address the demanding needs of enterprise customers, Internet service providers (ISPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs). This article provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements for IIS in Windows .NET Server.

What's New in Management Services
Easier to deploy, configure, and use, Windows .NET Server will provide centralized, customizable management services to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO). This article provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements for management services.

What's New in Networking and Communications
Networking improvements and new features in Windows .NET Server extend the versatility, manageability, and dependability of network infrastructures, expanding on the foundation established in Windows 2000 Server. This article provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements for networking and communications.

What's New in Security
Windows .NET Server is a secure platform for doing business. It will let you take advantage of your existing IT investments, and extend those advantages to your partners, customers, and suppliers. This article provides an overview of the benefits, new features, and improvements for Security services.

What's New in Storage Management
Windows .NET Server introduces new and enhanced features for storage management, making it easier and more reliable to manage and maintain disks and volumes, backup and restore data, and connect to Storage Area Networks (SANs). This article provides an overview of benefits, new features, and improvements for storage management services.

What's New in Terminal Server
The Terminal Server component of Windows .NET Server provides organizations with a more reliable, more scalable, and more manageable server-based computing platform. It offers new options for application deployment, more efficient access to data over low bandwidth, and enhances the value of legacy and new, lighter-weight devices. This article provides an overview of the benefits, new features, and improvements for Terminal Server.

What's New in Windows Media Services
Windows Media Services is the server component of Windows Media Technologies used to distribute digital media content over corporate intranets and the Internet. In addition to traditional digital distribution services, such as File and Web services, Windows Media Services delivers the most reliable, scaleable, manageable, and economical solutions for distributing streaming audio and video. This article provides an overview of the benefits, new features, and improvements for Windows Media Services.

Wait a second...In the Funny Pictures thread there's one about the shut down screen, where you had to give a reason for shutting down, is this that OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back