I have tried everything, system won't load post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane702

Ok, I believe this should be the right thread...

I was tying a word document and the system just shut down without warning. The system will not load POST. When I power it on it just show a blank screen. I got a replacement motherboard and did not help. I also tired a different motherboard and that also did nothing. I did everything the tech support said. Cleared the motherboard CMOS by moving the jumper. I removed and RAM and tired a different video card and that did not work either. It powers on fine and the hard disks and fans spin. I tired a different monitor, both DVI and VGA and that was not the problem. I also tired it with the motherboard outside of the case and different hard drives with no avail. No detectable burning or power surges. The system was not over-clocked and the temperature at idle was around 33 C.

BioStar TForce 4 SLI motherboard
1 gig stick ULTRA RAM x2
Cyberlink 420 Watt PSU
Windows XP SP2
nVidia GeForce 4 6600

In addition I also tried a Abit KN8 SLI motherboard and a unknown brand PCI video card.

Thanks for anyone with sudgestions.

also, i forgot to mention that I replaced the cables and mobo battery and I tired a new and then different CPU, that also didn’t help.

hmm....i have taken out parts, like speakers, ram, HDs to the bare minimum to see if it was the PSU. It seems to power on fine. i will check it this weekend for sure but would it power on fine and spin the fans if the PSU was busted?

If it posts (shows stuff on the monitor) when you are using only the minimum parts. Like the mobo, 1 stick of RAM, CPU and the video card then it is the PSU for sure.

nope, i have never gotten POST since it first went down. Even when i tried each part one by one and with the minimal parts.

kane702 said:
Ok, I believe this should be the right thread...

I was tying a word document and the system just shut down without warning. The system will not load POST. When I power it on it just show a blank screen. I got a replacement motherboard and did not help. I also tired a different motherboard and that also did nothing. I did everything the tech support said. Cleared the motherboard CMOS by moving the jumper. I removed and RAM and tired a different video card and that did not work either. It powers on fine and the hard disks and fans spin. I tired a different monitor, both DVI and VGA and that was not the problem. I also tired it with the motherboard outside of the case and different hard drives with no avail. No detectable burning or power surges. The system was not over-clocked and the temperature at idle was around 33 C.

BioStar TForce 4 SLI motherboard
1 gig stick ULTRA RAM x2
Cyberlink 420 Watt PSU
Windows XP SP2
nVidia GeForce 4 6600

In addition I also tried a Abit KN8 SLI motherboard and a unknown brand PCI video card.

Thanks for anyone with sudgestions.

How old is the keyboard? Or who makes it. Might sound weird to ask you that question, but I've seen the same problem while typing a MS Word 2003 Word.doc. Turns out the keyboard is shorting out. Causing the system to either reboot or go blank. In my case blank. I just replace it with Logitech one I picked at Target was cheaper than Wal-mart go figure.

The keyboard is just over a year old. I have tired it without the keyboard and it wont work still...That's a good idea...and i wished it had worked....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back