I hope someone can help me here...can't download this patch:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I get this error when trying to download a patch from Softpedia.com:

403 FORBIDDEN - INCORRECT OR MISSING REFERRER FOR REQUESTED FILE

You are seeing this page because your browser made a request for a file but hasn't provided all the necessary information.
The piece of information missing is called a "referrer". The "referrer" should be sent by browsers when making a request to a webserver and contains the (address) URL of the page you were browsing when you clicked on the link that started the current request.

Either your browser did not send the referrer, or you are using a firewall software that blocks sending it.
For more information please see this page.

There is one more possibility: your browser sent the referrer, but it is incorrect. This happens when you reached this file from a page that was not hosted on our server. You need to start the downoad of the file from a page on our site not an external page.

To go to the correct download page for this file, click here

You will be redirected to our main page in 30 seconds. If that does not happen, please click here.

Now I've got ZoneAlarm and know that it's probably blocking this "http referrer" but I've gone into advanced settings to try and unblock this; but the options that are there are all about UDP, TCMP etc etc. I've even turned my whole firewall off to no avail. Am I missing something here? Is ZoneAlarm not this flexible? Thanks in advance.

I'm not too big on internet security but here it goes... Maybe someone else can offer better advice...

Is ZA or IE blocking cookies? Try enabling cookies. Perhaps then it'll work. Also I believe Zone Alarm has a key that you can hold down to disable protection momentarily. I believe it was the ctrl key; try holding it down while clicking the link to the download. If that doesn’t work you can just disable Zone Alarm and then try downloading the file, just make sure to reactivate it afterward.

Thanks Shawn, but I don't think that's what it is...

I think it's ZoneAlarm's rigidity with blocking the "http referrer." Maybe someone else will post aswell, soon. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back