I love the cultural diversity at 3DS...

Vehementi

Wow...The people here from 3DS are truly from around the world. Geez, we have people from Sweden, Nordik, the UK, Ecuador (Hi Julio :p), and even Borneo...(young&wild). Have you people even noticed the places people are from here? It's amazing...

Siam, Scottland, Austrailia... Mars... Yes yes.. Much diversity.

International forums can be fun. :)

lol PLAIN OLD ARIZONA, USA HERE! lol I like the threads that have pics of where people live, it gives me a better understanding of their culture and so on. :grinthumb to diversity :)

Originally posted by Vehementi
Yes there are people from the USA in here, but that's normal :p

That's the kind of ego-centric thinking that gets our buildings leveled by airliners. The earth is not the center of the universe and the US is not the center of the world. LoL. I hope you were joking. :)

Course I was joking...

I think ethnocentric would be the correct word, not egocentric :p

Count the people from the USA in here. It's probably around 2/5 or even half...

Originally posted by Bobes
Scotland is in the UK despite what Arris & Phantasm will tell you.

Kind of like a state in the US, then? Only it is mistakenly called a country. ha.

me, cabrone, and phatman (anybody else? :D ) live in the same city....
...anyone else neighbor each other like that? just curious :)

Originally posted by Whack0
me, cabrone, and phatman (anybody else? :D ) live in the same city....
...anyone else neighbor each other like that? just curious :)
Me, Poertner_1274, ittwam, and sngx1298 all live in the same house. Beat that! :). Actually me and Poertner_1274 are the only ones that made the transition to the new board though.

Originally posted by Bobes
Scotland is in the UK despite what Arris & Phantasm will tell you.
hehe.
Reminds me of that programme I saw where the woman said her boyfriend (scottish) had to watch braveheart once a month, & that "she didn't understand".

Originally posted by Vehementi
Geez, we have people from Sweden, Nordik, the UK, Ecuador (Hi Julio :p), and even Borneo...(young&wild).
Nordic = Scandinavia, includes Sweden and a couple of other countries ;)

it is in the language of mordor which i shall not utter here....

greetings from bonnie scotland.

weell, its aboot time wee ull gut up the road...

Originally posted by Rick

Kind of like a state in the US, then? Only it is mistakenly called a country. ha.

Yes, very much like states in the US, only there are four. There isn't much diversity in law between England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, main differences being Education and things like fox hunting and child hitting (which are illegal in Scotland). Wales & Northern Ireland do not have their own Parliaments.

We also have someone here from Jersey, namely ptitterington.

Me and Svoboda (he doesn't really use this anymore) live in the same city, and we have the same class this period.

International forums are great for the time zones. When Im sleeping someone else has been awake for hours posting away. I think the diversity allows us to understand different parts of the world. Im with Phatman on the pictures. I love seeing pics of other parts of the world. Bobes got some great pics. It is just so different from what Im used to here is the US.

I just noticed that you and I, svtcobra, both live in Boston. Actually I don't but I'm pretty darn close (about 20 minutes away).

Originally posted by svtcobra
International forums are great for the time zones. When Im sleeping someone else has been awake for hours posting away. I think the diversity allows us to understand different parts of the world. Im with Phatman on the pictures. I love seeing pics of other parts of the world. Bobes got some great pics. It is just so different from what Im used to here is the US.

Maybe people should post a pic of where they live, or somewhere around (like somewhere in Wexford or Glasgow) in the existing "a pic of you and where you post from", or a new post, and a little about where they live.

Interestingly a schoolmate who lived in Boston said how similar Tunbridge Wells is.

Scotland (not Scott-land as Rick seems to think its called ;) ) is a political division of the united kingdom (same as England, Wales and Ireland). But we do have our own government and were an establish country before some other people from the south of the british isles took over... grrrr.... sassenachs! ;)

I have noticed the diversity of 3ds forums and it is great as sometimes/most of the time products are released in Asia/Far East (given that Asus, Iwill and other major manufacturers are based there its not surprising) so we can sometimes get translations from the likes of Ai Hate about hardware that hasn't been release in the Western world yet :D

And I love you Americans too as you get 95% of new games before us Europeans do so I get members opinions on games long before I can actually get them. This means I can plan ahead which games I am going to get, or even pre-order as soon as you Americans post rave reviews on a game :grinthumb

I've always been confused on the UK and countries over there.
Actually Europe in general I know about. Its just that UK issue.

Back