I need a good Free Forums Site

Sir_Lancelot

Im wanting to make my own forums for a medieval fantasy chat room roleplaying community Im trying to get started

Now for the problem I know absolutely NOTHING about creating a forum, Ive looked at a few sites that offer forums but I just got confused trying to figure out the setup menus. So I need this:

a free forums service that provides a decent bandwith
Dosent have any popups (a banner or two on the page is ok)
Will not try to put adware or spyware on my computer
Will not send me or anyone on my board spam
has to be customizable
must have a set up utility for *****s that isnt too restrictive in options

You people here have always been informative in the past for me so when my computer or the interent dosent love me anymore I always got somewhere to turn.

(if anyone wants to know about my roleplaying group or where I host the chat send me a PM and Ill try to get back to you)

What sites of you looked at so far? Have you checked out phpbb. Free forum software and I believe in their community they do have some listings for some good places to get your free forum hosting.

Check it out

Ive looked at a few I dont remember their names right off but I just want something easy to use that dosent have any popups and allows simple customization of board colors and style, and Id really perfer some specific suggestions I looked on phpbb.com and I didnt find any links to free forums there, So seriously give me some suggestions on sites you people have used before that you know for a fact are simple enough for someone like myself whos eaisly confused and has never done forums before can figure out how to use to make my own custom forums page

There are links right there on the index page for webhosting. They used to have free forum sites on there before, but it does look like they aren't there anymore.

Did you try looking here at all?

yes First thing I did was google it, all google returned was sites that I didnt like because I got popups on them and the one I did return that I tried was invisonfree I think was the name and I couldnt figure out how to customize my forums template, and Instead of going though hours upon hours of regestering for diffrent places and searching on google i figure Lets go ask some people if they KNOW ANY THEY HAVE USED BEFORE that meet my criteria of easy as hell to use and nopopups so they could be nice and link me to it. So please DO NOT POST ANYMORE LINKS FOR ME UNLESS THEY ARE TO A SITE THAT OFFERS FREE FORUMS. and sorry If I sound rude Im just irritated because Everywhere and everyone Ive been going to to ask this question has not been in the least bit helpfull some even as far as being rude to me about it and we all know how annoying that can get.

PHPBB is very simple and doesn't have pop ups. A lot of those pop ups you are describing are probably coming from free hosting sites. That is how the pay for the hosting you are getting for free a lot of the time.

If the pop ups bother you that much paying for hosting maybe the only want to get around it.

Did you even look at the link I posted it looks like you can get exactly what you are looking for if you click on the second item.

Well Im not gonna pay for it because thats pointless this is gonna be a small community here and Im not gonna be making any money off it to cover the cost of paying the fee. So Please JUST GIVE ME SOME LINKS Im sure theres someone at least ONE PERSON on this board whos used a good free service before thats easy to use and dosent have popups that can give me link there must be Someone out there who knows of such a site.

Sir_Lancelot said:
JUST GIVE ME SOME LINKS
I gave you a link that has many free places to host forums at. I am sorry if non of them are up to your standards but there is no reason to react that way when all I was trying to do was answer your question the best I could with the infomation that had there.

I'll stop bothering you know I guess.

Your links first one phpbb.com didnt have any free hosting on it at all, the second one google will take me hours to search though it all and test out the various stuff, I want links directly to the sites not a search for that type of sites, no offense but Im not being an *** here Im just asking a simple question and getting "beat-around-the-bush" answers thus I get irritated because all I want is a straight answer, nothing more than a simple link and a description of the service based on the persons experience with that site

dont worry about this post anymore I finally Found one that was better than I expected thanks to someone in a chat room after dealing with beat around the bush answers.

was www.runboard.com is what I was linked to and its just what I needed

Sir_Lancelot.

There is absolutely no need to be rude.

Jimbo was only trying to help you.

A little bit of respect, restraint and civility goes a long way around here.

Back