I need a new graphics card for a dell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i am looking to guy a new graphics card to play online games. i have a Dell Demenson 4400 and i want to buy a good graphics card for this computer to support the online game americas army 2.7... and another thing do i have a pci slot or an agp slot??

thanks split

It has an AGP slot. But you need to upgrade your memory, and video card. You have 128 or 256MB. And 512 or 768 or 1gb are NEEDED to do any gaming.

lol i actully have 768mb of memory but my graphic card sucks and i need a new one any one have any kind of ars that are good in mind?

I am pretty sure that your system's power supply is only 250 watts. Depending on what graphics card you get, this more than likely will not be enough power, and along with a graphics card upgrade you are going to need a new PSU in order to power it up.

You can always try a new graphics card and hope your PSU is up to the task, but most of the beefy graphics cards (like the ones needed to play AAO 2.7) will need at least 300w (and more importantly, at least 24amps on the +12v rail).

It looks like the Dimension 4400 uses a common ATX power supply, so something like this (under $40) should do the trick:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104952

The title of this thread amused me!! New graphics card for a dell!! Seems like an ok swap!!!

Then the X800GTO I linked to is the best choice. Probably, a newer, faster card, would be bottlenecked by your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back