I need a new Hard Drive...any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Rosenrosen

Howdy folks-
I currently have a Sony PCG FX-340 with a very small hard drive (please...hold yer jokes to the end). I am looking to upgrade. The Specs I found online say IDE/EIDE type. Does anyone know where I can find one for a decent price? Are they easy to install? How do I know about compatability? Are there any benefits for INTERNAL vs an EXTERNAL drive?

Thanks
Gregg:grinthumb

Well, you'll need a laptop drive, unless you go external, if you just need the extra space for storage, I'd probably go with an external, that way, you don't have to worry with replacing the current drive and all that comes with doing that. Laptop drives are also somewhat costly, this makes an external look even more appealing. The only drawbacks I see to using an external are that you'll need USB or Firewire according to the drive you get(most fairly recent laptops have one or both) and the problem of having an extra device to carry around with you, which may also not pose a problem.

Yeah! I'm merely looking for an add-on for more file storage...that's all. Mainly want to back up my music collection so I don't have to buy a few MEGA CD changers ;-)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back