I Need A New Intel MoBo For Gaming... Any Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Had A Motherboard... It Was A P5B Premium Vista Edition

- Intel LGA775 Platform
- Intel® Core™2 Quad/ Extreme/ Duo ready
- Intel® Pentium® Extreme/ Pentium® D support
- Dual-channel DDR2 800/ 667/ 533
- ScreenDUO/ AI Remote/ AP Trigger
- ASAP/ TPM Support
- AI NOS™/ AI Gear / AI Nap
- 8 Phase Power Design
- Heat-pipe Design & Stack Cool 2
- ASUS Crystal Sound: Array Mic/ Noise Filter
- All High-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors

When I had The Motherboard I Upgraded My Processor From a Pentium 4 3.40Mhz To a Intel Core 2 Duo Quad 2.40Mhz Q7600 So Im Bound To Intel By That End.

What Happended?

I had just finish installing Blazing Angels Squadron Of WW2

When i tryed to run it at max settings my pc turn off... something was blazing alright!...
it just wasn`t the game...

My video card gets really hot when games are played at max setting so it got so hot that it overheated a chip near it on my MoBo...

it burned it... NNNooooooooooooooooooo! Damn It!

So i Need a new Motherboard... Can Anyone Help? By the way Everyone can also recommend other hardware.

hey, thanks. by the way i really dont want to put a budget. i dont want you guys to be bound to the budget limit. just give me the best.

i really am thankful guys. so thank you.

i guess im just gonna work it off

Gaming...
since you have a nVidia 8800 GTS 320MB get yourself another VGA card with the same specs and a motherboard with the nVidia 680i SLI chipset ..

if you were to do this upgrade .. you might need a new PSU aswell...
hope this was helpfull...

regards

This is what I recommend. IMO SLI is not worth the extra spending on a new PSU and cooling. A single powerful card is a much better bet. Also, the 680i's northbridge tends to get too hot, so avoid it. The GigaByte board also supports Penryn processors and DDR3, so it's also future-proof (for the time being).

Nice MoBo. Nice price.

im only concerned that after i buy the next bigboy i dont want to like buy one in years...

so having Sli (even if i dont use it - Double the heat, the house might burn down next time) Is better just to get it out of the way...

you see, i dont want to go back to having to buy another MoBo because in a year, games practically decide on their own that they want to be run on Sli.
things just love proving why they exist!

thank you for your help Rage! Just a bit more and im there.

Green light for cooler...

Ok guys...

last request...

i dont want to get to annoying

Recommendation for a cooler! What system, brand, and finally type?

There's never going to be a time when games need to be run on SLI videocards so they can be played, since there always will be a single video card that's more powerful than either of those two cards in SLI. That's why I recommended that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back