I need a video card upgrade BAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin_ds3000

i only have around $30 for a video card, i might even get 15 more to make it $45 if im lucky. i have an old FX5200 running on my new 20" acer monitor and gaming on it is ok but a litlle slow when i go to 1680X1050, soo i need a upgrade soon

What game do you play usually? IMO, this would be a good upgrade from your current card for games like WoW and Counter Strike etc. For heavier games like Prey etc, you'd need a better card.

IMO I've tried the 6200 and it's a pretty low end card, however is true that it's much better than any of the FX, but at the resolution you are trying to game I think you won't be able to go a step higher than min/low-med settings on your gaming purposes.

My friend has a 6600 and he runs games like AOE III, NFS Carbon, at medium settings smoothly, the card may be a little bit over your budget ($80-90), but I've seen it on ebay for about $50, so if you can save a little bit more and find a good reputable seller on ebay I will suggest to buy the 6600.

No there's no difference I can see, but the Biostar card has better reviews on the whole, so it'd be the better card to get on that basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back