I need abit of help on dual screen thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

Hello, i have two screens and there both plugged into the same graphics card (6800GT) and theres an annoying problem. Whenever i am using one monitor to play a game then try and swith to a differnt monitor to play a song or talk on msn the game either minimizes or flashes. I curently am using nView to succesfully move stuff inbetween monitors on a Dual View system.

So if anyone knows how i can talk to friends quickly on one monitor then carry on playing on the other (without the game going werid) that would be usfull.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex

well to be turefull i don't think u can i ran dual monitors for a short time and if u full screen a game it is very weird the only way i think u could do this is to run ur game in a window. and strech it out to maxium size. that would be one way to do it. if i think of any others i'll put them right here.

well u can get 2 computers .... hehehe thats what i do.

Can you spread your desktop across both screens? This is how mine are setup. I then have windows on each screen and can just swap from window to window. The only annoying point with this configuration is message box that default to the centre of the desktop are split across the two monitors.

It partially depends on the game - I could do this no problem with Q3 engine games - but games like FFXI and WoW would freak out on me when I did this. I always did this with an ATI card, but I'm sure the same holds true with an nVidia card. Some games, like FFXI, will shut the application completely down if it loses fullscreen focus. What game(s) are you trying to do this with?

Erm, ideally i would like to use it for all games but the ones i have tried that go all werid are:

Cs Source (Steam/Valve)
Dawn of War (THQ)

I have more games but i have recenly deleted most of them.

Cheers for any help.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back