I need Dell Inspiron 1000 Bios Password PLEEZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell inspiron 1000 laptop. I recently upgraded the bios from A03 to A08 thinking that I would be able to enter the bios setup. It locked me out of the entire system now. I get a black screen with a blue box that says enter password. My service tag is CPDLL41. Can someone Please help me. Please.

cdreemz17
Email is cmil17@yahoo.com if necessary.

First try Dell.
If your BIOS was installed incorrectly, the motherboard can be ruined. Before you go elsewhere seek help from Dell Tech Support.
Good luck. This is usually very serious.

Dell Inspiron 1000 bios pswd

The BIOS was upgraded successfully. It had a password before the upgrade. I was still able to access Windows in version A03, I just couldn't enter Bios setup to install a new HD. When I upgraded to Ver. A08 It asked me for the password before I could even get into the system. I guess I'll try Dell. I never did a transfer of ownership. I have the owner's name but no way to contact him. I'll see what happens.

This is a known problem. If you do not get assistance, ask for another tech, or call back. If not under warranty, you may be screwed.
You can easily do the transfer of ownership with just the previous person's name... but you have to wait at least three business days before you can get action based on the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back