I need help manually uninstalling windows ie 7 beta 2 (not refresh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossFire851

I need to uninstall ie 7 because ea downloader doesn't support ie7. Something I figured out after formatting my laptop. Download euroforce right now on it yea!!!!

But I could really use help from a tech spot techy that knows ie

So i don't have to do the same on my main computer.

Thanks to you...

I have tried windows components and manually doing it from program files in disk c.

I think I need to remove something from the registy

Did you try this (from microsoft's site)

Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
# Click “Start,” and then click “Control Panel.”
# Click “Add or Remove Programs.”
# Check “Show Updates” at the top of the dialog box.
# Scroll down the list to “Windows XP – Software Updates,” select “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview,” and then click "Change/Remove."

If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.

DonNagual Thank you very much you are a god amongst men when it comes to computers

All hail DonNagual for he is god

jk but really you helped alot thank once more.

Not usta to ungly font oh well.... My tab feature nooooooooo......... Oh well firefox here we come.

IT WORKS THANK YOU

DonNagual said:
Did you try this (from microsoft's site)
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Check Show Updates at the top of the dialog box.
4. Scroll down the list to Windows XP Software Updates, select Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview, and then click "Change/Remove."

If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled. %windir% is your Windows installation directory, which is normally 'C:\Windows' on most systems.
so what happens when you don't have either of these? i would also like to get ride of IE7.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back