I need help to burn my motherboard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all!!!

I know this sounds weird! But I need to burn my motherboard. I am using an IBM labtop and because i cant remember whats the supervisor password, i cant change the BIOS settings. To be frank i dont even remember that i change the supervisor password after an update using IBM update installer, in which they flash my BIOS. I am so puzzled.

As my laptop is still under warranty, the only way to this is to replace the motherboard as proposed by the IBM technician.

These are some of ways which i thought of,
1) Block the fan by using an aluminum foil then using a hair dryer
2) Pour water over board

Hope to hear some opinions from you guys! Many thanks!!!!

If your laptop is still under warranty, you can contact IBM and they'll help you with your problem. Frying a system board is not an ideal solution.

I've seen a lot of situations where "water damage" was rejected by the manufacturer... thus no warranty coverage and a sad customer.

If I were to try something, I'd take it apart and short stuff out until it ceased to function. But you may not want to disassemble it. However, through the cdrom bay or battery bay, PCMCIA ports etc.. sometimes there's an exposed portion of the system board. You could always play hokey pokey with a big screwdriver. :hotbounce

I take no responibility for personal injury or voided warranties though. :p

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

This is plainly dishonest guys, tut tut. :p

For what it`s worth. The big screw driver sounds favourite to me lol.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Masque said:
What model IBM is it?

I am using R51.

I would like to thank all of you for your kind opinions. The screwdriver idea seems pretty interesting to me. I would try that!

But I would wait for a while, sadly the IBM technician says that IBM has a level 3 security thingy, so they cant do a hard reset on any issues dealing with security. Once again thanks guys!

At last a post on burning stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

you could use an aerosol and a lighter give it a quick blast will its on..probably a bit extreme but it would be fun

Rick said:
I've seen a lot of situations where "water damage" was rejected by the manufacturer... thus no warranty coverage and a sad customer.

If I were to try something, I'd take it apart and short stuff out until it ceased to function. But you may not want to disassemble it. However, through the cdrom bay or battery bay, PCMCIA ports etc.. sometimes there's an exposed portion of the system board. You could always play hokey pokey with a big screwdriver. :hotbounce

I take no responibility for personal injury or voided warranties though. :p

i was going to do that with my PSP but found out i cant get a refund for it so i didnt bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back