I need helping finding a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpsons Rule

I'm searching for fans to put in my case, and I've got a few exhaust ones in mind, but I wanted something for the front of my case. There didn't appear to be any room, however I noticed the 5.25 inch bay fans. Unfortunately both of my 5.25 bays are full, but I started to wonder if a 3.5 inch bay fan existed. After prodding around Google, the only result I found was this: http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/FAN-ST-900.htm It's sold out. :( So, does anyone have any other suggestions for some sort of front fan if there isn't the space for a standard case fan? Or does anyone know of another 3.5 inch bay fan I could purchase?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

you can always pull out the old power drill and make yourself a new fan hole.....

and exaust are for the rear or top of the pc... you can purchase a fan that takes a space of a PCI card for that...

I know the exhaust fans are for the rear of the PC. I said I've got a few exhaust ones in mind but that I wanted one for the front.

How would I make a new fan hole? I mean where? The front of my PC is covered with CD-Drives, Floppy Drive, and USB plugs, and below them is where my hard drive is.

y do you need a front fan so much? i think one pci and one top exhuast should be enough..when you think about it its really not that important to have an exhuast in the front because most of the heat is generated from the motherboard components which would be exhausted by a top and pci fan..the only real heat in the front of the case will probably be from the HD..and if your worried about that then i would just buy a HD heatsink

Mainly because I wanted to have a constant flow of air from one side of my tower to the other. The 3.5 inch bay fan seemed like a good alternative, if I could find one.

try checking just infront of your hdd bays, there should be an empty space there.. (may need to pull the hdd back a few centimeters)

otherwise, if you just have a plain side on the pc case, find the middle of it or where the main heat generating components live and make your hole there. Add a 120mm fan to make it more quiet operation (or any other types of fan if you realy want) blowing into the case to cool down those parts..

as for buying one of those types of fans (if they exist) i wouldnt have a clue.. i'm one of those "mod it myself with what i have" type of guy... sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back