I need immediate help, please. I have a "Bad Image" error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, my first post here and immediate help is needed please. I woke up this morning and my system has an error message that says :

lsass.exe - Bad Image

The application or Dll C:\Windows\system32\lsasrv.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I get this when trying to boot windows in any form. I can't get into safe mode or any other mode. I know of the sasser virus, but I thought it was Isass... not lsass...and I've already downloaded the patch for that. Either way should I just follow the methods in the top of this forum that tells how to fix windows when windows doesn't boot, or do you guys have other suggestions? I am on a school computer now and will not be here for long. so immediate help is needed (not to mention its finals week and I desperately need my computer). Thanks in advance to anyone who helps

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I would reccomend you to follow the instructions in the thread you mentioned and hopefully this will solve your problem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks

Thank you for replying. When I get home tonight, I will try the soultion given in the previous thread. Hopefully I'll be posting from my own computer tonight thanking that guy for his help.

What happened to your problem afterwards? I updated my PC to XP Service Pack 2, and I got exactly the same message as you after SP2 was installed. I am curious to see how you fixed your problem. Thanks.

after xp2 too

did you get it fixed, i have the same problem just after installing xp2 but the lady was able to open normally once, please let me know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back