I need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do i need to do to be able to get the dvd rom features working. Do i need a special program? I tried spiderman n it worked but nothing else did. If y'all could just help me out....thanx

I am unsure of exactly what you are talking about? If you are talking about the special features (ie Directors Cut, Deleted Scenes, etc) then you just use your mouse if you are using your computer, or the remote if you are using the DVD player.

Please be a little more specific when stating your problem in the subject line, as "I need help" usually won't get you much help, people will just look it over.

So please be just a little more specific as to exactly what you are trying to do, and we will help you as soon as we can. Thanks.

BTW, :wave: :wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave: :wave:

I think he's asking if he needs a special program to play DVD's on his computer...

If so, the answer is yes, you need special software (though not sure if you're running WinXp)....

Personally I use WinDVD from InterVideo... (Got one with my motherboard)

Another popular one is PowerDVD from Cyberlink...

But you have to buy those...

If you don't feel like buying either, and you didn't get any player software with your DVD rom, you can search for a free DVD software player...

Hope this helps :)

I used PowerDVD. It's a very robust DVD software, on par with WinDVD.

If you bought a retail DVD drive, the software should come with it as standard. If it was OEM, then you probably did not get software.

Also, if your purchased a DVD decoding card (such as anything made by ATI), then you probably got ATI DVD MultiMedia center.

Another thing you can probably use is that crap that comes on 'some' of the DVD's that you buy. I don't like any of those, so I always choose not to install them.

Please post back with exactly what you want.

Oh yeah....I'm sure you alredy know this, but you have to have a DVD drive in order to play DVD's in your computer.

Hello all! I'm new here and found this thread through a yahoo search.

I know what he's asking because I am having the same problem.

Most DVDs nowadays come with "PC-only" dvd rom features. Interactive features for your computer only.

I also cannot access these features. If I try to access them by playing a dvd with WinDVD, I get a short "commericial" of sorts telling me about the pc-only features. Then it tells me to simply insert the dvd into a PC with a dvd drive. (Duh, that's where I'm playing it)

I have played dvds using InterActual Player and I get an error message about not finding a dvd decoder (even though I thought that's what WinDVD was:confused: )

I've gone through the help section on InterActual's web site, and about all I can figure is that WinDVD needs to be updated (it's a 2001 version apparently). The WinDVD site wants upwards of $30 to get the newest version (the cheapest of the newest version anyway).

So what can I do to access these 'pc-only' features found on dvds? Is there other software that can be downloaded/used to access them? Or am I going to have to dish out some cash for something else?

Thanks in advance,

Cap

Navigate to DVD contents and launch apps just like you'd do with a CD. Most of the time those extra "Windows-only" features are html sites about the movie.

I'm still amazed an operating system that has everything and the kitchen sink integrated into it doesn't have a MPEG-2 decoder. Maybe it's just because they don't own the patents to it. We'll see what will happen with HD-DVD....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back