I Need ur help! Im Gettin A Brandnew Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face of LA

Yeh, im Gettin A New pc, this one is still so great but im givin it to sumone, thats why im gettin a new pc and i want it to be one of the best pcs ever! i kinda need Help in this, i want from u all to tell me what to get?? Like what processor?..etc..etc
i Want every thing to run fast, great N Smooth! and of course never lags!(includin games and the other ****)
Any info/advices??

uh.
What's your budget? Any other purposes besides gaming?

Any preference to AMD vs Intel; ATI vs nVidia?

Going to be overclocking?

Intel of course,, And Nvidia Over ATI, I Think Nvidia better, and dont worry about the budget i just wanna the best thing then i will get it , and i honestly never got that D.O.C Tech, i got a a Nvidia g force4 fx 5500 and its supported With D.O.C But i dunno how to run that overclockin tech,

If you're going for a monster machine I probably can't give you any advice. Maybe wait for someone else who's more experienced with ultra high-end machines.

^ thanks for ur help anyway, But the purpose of this i want a pc that cud run Games like Battle field 2 N F.E.A.R without laggin! feel me?

I am not all the experienced building high end pc's, but when it comes to video cards, becare what you buy, for example, the nvidia 7950 has a lower core and DDR3 speed than the 7900, but is you want the 1gb DDR3 RAM that comes with the 7950 than i would recommend getting 2 7900's, this will take up two PCI express slots, the 7950 takes up 2 slots anyway so theres no difference there. Also the ATI equivilent to the 7800 has more pipeline, 16, but has a lower core and RAM speed than the 7800. Obviously if you by two 7900's or whatever, you will need cooling, so keep that in mind. I hope this has helped.
cheers
hynesy:)

i got what u mean, thanks for this Hnesy, since u brought up all of this,i will make it clearer for all of u!
Imagin i give u 1g and tell u go get the best pc with this amount of money, what will u buy?? what motherboard?what GFX/vid card? Ram?...etc

I knew what you meant, I was just providing some information on video cards, i can't help you much in other area's.
cheers
hynesy

Ok here you go, if you want to spend some $$ get an intel Xeon processer and get 2 of them. you also need a motherboard that supports 2 processers. HT or dual core operation, would be a must. the motherboard you will need will be classified as a server motherboard. I prefer ASUS or MSI. ram- 2gig kingston x gameing ram. either scsi hdd's or SATA 3.0g couple hundred gig. i would go with a seagate or WD. dvd burner get it with light-scribe -ing. psu 500W+ and for the case get somthing that looks kool. try xoxide.com and newegg.com that should get you off to a good start. you might end up at $1000. have fun

-JOSH

Or you can get a Core2 duo CPU. They easily outclass every AMD and Intel CPU. An E6600 would outperform a FX62.

I agree wtih wolfram, the new core duo's are nice, even intel called all their previous processors inferior compared to the new core duo's. They use less power and produce less heat too.
cheers

^ i Liked all of that but why the Frequency of the processor is 2.4GHZ? is it doubled or what? cuz i wanted more than that??

thanks for the replies i appreciate it, if anyone can help to keep it comin!

Don't worry about clock speed. Intel is no longer focusing on extremely high clock speeds. A 2.4GHZ Conroe CPU EASILY outclasses a Pentium Extreme Edition 3.73 GHZ Presler CPU.

wolfram said:
Don't worry about clock speed. Intel is no longer focusing on extremely high clock speeds. A 2.4GHZ Conroe CPU EASILY outclasses a Pentium Extreme Edition 3.73 GHZ Presler CPU.
I agree again with wolfram, the new core duo's are easily faster than pentium 4's and D's
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back