I/O Magic 8X +/- DVD Burner???

Status
Not open for further replies.

werty316

Would this burn be a deal for $99US? My sister is asking but I am unfamilar with is company. Any help would do.

THANKS

I'm not familiar with them either, I'd look around for some info on their reliability and such. $99 is pretty low for an 8x DVD burner.
Maybe Its just me, but I prefer to buy quality and I don't know anything about the quality of that brand.

All the CDRW drives Circuit City, Office Depot, Best Buy sell around here are that (IO Magic) brand. I'd get it.

I'm still skeptical. I can find decent and even pretty good reviews of their products, but, the 8x DVD burners I'm finding from them are ranging in price from around $140-$200. Where did you find this great deal? I'm more skeptical of the seller now that I've read some about the company. Also, what is the model of the drive?

It's easy to find 8X burners for around $100. And it's getting easier to find DVD burners for significantly less. Just recently, Fry's electronics had a DVD RW +/- for $79

My point was that I had done a bit of searching and the cheapest IO/Magic burner I found was $139 and it was 4x. That is what I based my response on. I have also seen many sub $100 DVD burners and some 8x for around $100 or less, but they were mostly cheap brands that I wouldn't spit on. I also did not take into account a rebate because no one mentioned a rebate.

Originally posted by StormBringer
My point was that I had done a bit of searching and the cheapest IO/Magic burner I found was $139 and it was 4x. That is what I based my response on. I have also seen many sub $100 DVD burners and some 8x for around $100 or less, but they were mostly cheap brands that I wouldn't spit on. I also did not take into account a rebate because no one mentioned a rebate.

Rebates shouldn't count... It's like... Funny money. :)

IO/Magic is certainly not a "name brand"... But something I've learned from optical storage devices lately is it doesn't matter too much.

I do have the compelling urge to get name brand stuff, but the off-brand stuff I've tried has been just as good (as far as CDRW, CDROM and DVDROM goes).

BUT... I'm betting that DVD RW is probably different though, because of all the compatibility issues and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back