I Really Need Help. Comp Wont Turn On, No Idea Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so lets start like this: i dont know too much about computers, but i did a little research. i know what the motherboard is and i know that the actual power button on the tower just sends the signal to switch on or off to the power supply unit... And i havent done anything to my computer recently just have gone online. So All i did was shut my computer down last night, and it WOULDNT TURN ON this morning.
- i already tried unplugging and plugging back in, and changed the the power bar. everything else on the bar works (my light, the monitor, the dsl box, and the speakers) except the computer base.
PLEASE HELP!!
- erika

It could be a power supply issue, have you made any hardware changes lately? Also, is the power button wire correctly placed in the slot on the mobo (could've been loose)?

no i havent made any changes to my computer at all. i just have had it on for like 5 days straight so i figured it could use a rest. i dont know if its loose. do you know how i could check (i'm not home right now so i plan on tryin to get as much advice as i can for a cpl hours, lol

try this tasty suggestion

ello,
i feel you man, (not literally, i just know what you r going through.)

look on the back of your powersupply at the back of your case, make sure that there is not a black power switch on the power supply itself. some powersupplies, including mine, have a power swith on the back to stop the flow of eletricity without unplugging it. in fact, alot of powersupplies have this.
so try that...... and if there is no switch, then you probably have a bad power supply, IF you just turned it off, then tryed to turn it on without doing anything else to it. did you have a storm, or maybe a small surge the night before?

and if all else fails, a good crunchy baseball bat strike to the computer case out in you backyard, USUALLY solves most issues. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back