I think I broke my memory pen, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am in quite a lot of trouble: I have, or had an ICQ (or is it IQC) 512mb memory pen that used to flash for a bit when I plugged it in. It stopped doing this after I plugged it into what I now think is a faulty USB hub. It now does nothing when I plug it in, Windows dosen't even recognise that its there! I think that maybe I over or underpowered it because the inside smells a bit like burnt plastic.

Please HELP someone because I really need to get the information, even if I can't use it again afterwards.

Thanks, Ollie.

Unless the drive was just poorly made the chances of it being fried are not very good. The motherboard or the USB hub would have to malfunction and send too much voltage to screw it up, thats not likely based on his discriptin because he mentioned hub and didn't mention that other things connected to the hub dont' work.

I would suggest that he plugs the pendrive into a usb port that is directly connected to the motherboard, usually underneath the mouse and keyboard ports. See what happens then.

Actually the best suggestion is to try the drive on a different computer and see if the OS can recognise it.

Smells are a bad sign, but to be sure, I'd plug that little device into another computer to make sure it isn't a computer problem, rather than a pen problem as SNGX suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back