I think I did it good this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehti6969

I hope I'm in the right place for this question. Last night i was on pogo playin backgammon when a notice from my norton antivirus came up and told me that my virus definations where out of date and to run "live update" . I ran "live update" and it said all my stuff was current, there where no updates for me. I went under norton antivirus and did a full system scan, now it says my scan was complete, found nothing, and under the date for the scan is 12/04/2005? Virus definations were still at 4/01/2005. I thought maybe a system restore might help, (I don't know too much about computers) and when i got there, I found that I have no restore points before 12/05 2005. Something creepy is goin on here and I'm not sure what to do. I know Symantic wants to charge me for tech support (I think I've given them enough of my money for the antivirus without paying them for tech support too) so I thought I'd give you guys a try. I'm running windows XP professional and my antivirus is Norton 2005 Internet Security. If my restore point is at 12/05/2005 I know somethings not right. Please be patient with me cause I'm not what you'd call "computer savy" and I'll probably need someone to hold my hand through this if you folks have any suggestions. Hopefully, I haven't screwed this thing up yoo badly.

It sounds like you need to reset the date on your computer.

Click start, settings, and select control panel, and double click the date and time icon, set to the proper date and time.

Now try updating your antivirus programme again and see what happens.

regards Howard :grinthumb

Well, I don't know if any virus actually sets date to the future, but I know of one antivirus application which refuses to scan if its database is too old (>6 months). 1+1≈2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back