I think I have a Worm

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamillitarysk8

I downloaded a file ran it and it dissapeared and then cbxxuvu.dll tried to hook into firefox msn messenger and explorer my firewall told me this but i told it deny all 3 times and now its still in the sys32 folder and i cant delete it and my pc is slower and just acting really odd sending me to websites and things. Also hijackthis log is attached

CBXXUVU.DLL is definitely known spyware of some sort. It is part of the spyware group SpywareQuake, but is a bogus spyware application. If you use that DLL in a Google search, you will find heuristics that will safely remove it free of charge.
This spyware usxs seven different file names... when you get the correct spyware removal application, run it twice, once in Safemode.

Prevx1 appears to be a valid company. We have had not problems using their downloads in the past 49 days we have been using the product. Seems to work great so far.

thanks that took care of it as well as some stuff from the vista transformation pack but oh well its not affecting anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back