I think I have bandwidth problems w/gf3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i think i have banwith problems w/gf3

My comp config is:

Intel Mobo 845 (SDRAM) (845WN) updated bios etc etc
P4 1.6GZ
512MEGS sdram pc133
GF3 (asus deluxe v8200 rev chip a3 << thats what bios editor says)with det drv 23.11
SOUNDMAX (MOBO INTEGATED)
win xp (updatet all, no programs just games ie msn )

ok the prob is that when i get to pay a game that has open areas like
Medal of honor it lags with frame rates and sometimes i get chunky fps, but wen i get to a corridor or places where scenes are narrow, everything goes well. so i was wondering if its got to do with banwith cause i lower the resolution and i get the same prob, i disable the eyecandy (of course it get faster but...) i get the same prob on open areas. so i just dont know what to do.

so my question is if the ddr solution or the rambus is going to resolve my problem?

ohh yeah another thing i read that fast writesm, enables the chip to comunicate directly, not passing trough the ram, i did this too but no cigar i get the same stuff (i enable it in the bios and in the drv, i get no lock ups but no performance iether)

wow that was long, sorry for taking you're time. thanks.

Do you have antialiasing enabled in your driver?
What about antistropic filtering?
I had MOH slow down on my twice, once where the volumetric smoke option slowed my computer down. The other time was going through a forest with lots of trees but otherwise a wide open space. If you have x4 AA enabled think about dropping it to x2 and see if that helps?
I don't see how you would have bandwidth problems.

I am running a 1.4 Ghz Athlon at 1.503Ghz with 256DDR and a Asus v8200 Geforce3 Pure. I would try and remove the drivers completely and then reinstall. Here is a good post from the old 3ds forum detailing how to remove the Detonator driver and reinstall it. Also chipset drivers for your motherboard are quite important. Its maybe worth your while having a look for updates from intel, I know you have an up to date bios but there maybe an AGP driver or one that contains AGP related drivers that might help out.

I remember having some pretty low performance in MOHAA when I was running it on my Duron 950/PC133 combo. I had a GF3TI200 but it seems the system itself couldn't really send enough data at the card resulting in very choppy gameplay. It works much better now that I've upgraded to an AthlonXP/DDRam combo. Could it be that the SDram is a bit overwhelmed by all the tectures in large outdoor areas ?

Im with Didou on this one. The PC133 ram may be the culprit. My only other thought may be the onboard audio. Try disabling it in the bios and run the game again. See if the onboard audio is causing the issue. If so a sound card may be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back