I think my PC is being hacked into...any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. New here. I know some things about PC's, but not enough to get through this. I was going to reformat and just start from scratch, but before I did that, I wanted to get advice from the pros.

A few months back, a profile I had on a friends page was deleted. I created it again, different email and password and it was deleted again. My friend said someone had logged into me and deleted it. I paid it no attention. THen, emails started to not arrive in my mailbox. My passwords to certain websites I visit were changed or deleted. I have people tell me they are sending me stuff and I am not getting it. I feel like I am being watched.

I installed ZoneAlarm and since its install, it has blocked 6 medium hacker attempts. I run Adaware everyday, Norton as well, and ZA is always on. Is there some way of checking?

I have WIndows XP, DSL, and am connected to a router. Hope someone can help me do a search or something on the PC for files. I think its may be an ex of mine, but I am unsure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I cant download CWSHredder or HiJackthis. I keep getting forbiden access and 404 pages. I have checked the ZA Firewall and i have it set to where I can tell it what sites to let through. I dont know what to do. I have done searches for other sites to DL it, but still get nothing. Any suggestions?

Also, I did get Spybot and get a msg that i have a DSO Exploit. Should I delete it? There are 5 of them reading that Microsoft, IE, has a Threat: Security Hole. The description is that IE allows websites to execute codes without asking me first.

Should I delete this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back