i want the GeForce 6600 256MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gateway 827GM, and i was wondering if anyone knew if a PNY Verto GeForce 6600 256MB DDR AGP Graphics Card would work with my computer. They are on sell right now so I want to get it soon, right now i have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series. Also if the Geforce won't work with it, then what are some other good cards that don't cost more then $200, that is alot better then the one i have.

Thanks

it is

yeah that is the system i have, crap
well so i have PCI slots then, well if i have an ATI already, then can't i probably get a better ATI?

well if i have an ATI already, then can't i probably get a better ATI?
Sorry, but no, your current ati graphics are "integrated", or in other words, it's physically built into the motherboard, and it cannot be removed/replaced.
The good news is that the radeon x200 integrated chip is one of the better integrated chips, but even still a budget card like a x300hm, or 6200tc would be faster. If you set games to low settings, and use a screen resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768, and don't use any antialiasing/antisosotropic(sp?) filtering settings then it should run many games, just not at their maximum detail.

not really, its intergrated, like the one I have, but i got a pci e port....... and again, Don is right, it wouldnt really be worth getting a pci card if u want to play the newer games. and that computer isnt crap...... you just dont have a slot, thats the only bad thing i see on it.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get the 6600 256AGP one, cause it gives a blank screen everytime you start the computer. It requires a power connection and when you do add the power to the card, the computer just refuses to boot. Nothing but a blank standby screen. I've only used nVidia cards and I never had any kind of problem with them till this stupid 6600 came along. I think you're better off going for any other card other than the nVidia GeForce blank screen 6600 256 AGP card. :haha:

The 6600 card I got was from eagle, heck I turned it in after 2 days of frustration and got myself a better one. Hey its not only me, a few people also have or have had the same problem with the 6600. It must have a pain for them too. Still, I don't blame nVidia, I prefer nVidia over ATi, but it was frustrating for me that time :mad: oh well....... My PSU unit is 550 Antec so I guess it was the card's fault.

I used the 6600 on P4 2.4Ghz, Intel 865GBF, 1 Gig RAM, One Combo and 80 GB PATA. The system had FX5200 before. The card only worked when I removed the power dongle from it but at lower clock speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back