I want to hear peoples feed back on Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

Yea ive been saving up around 1.5 grand on making me a computer that i can take to collage. I was thinking about going Quad Core because i am a Light gamer but i am also a graphic artist and i wanted a processor that was capable of rendering high level images and able to run my multi threading applications to there full potential. i got my eye out for the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and i wanted some feed back. Ive looked and the possessor does not support hyper threading. Ive Build over 50 computers in the past summer for my High School and i now we are running a fiber backbone. So i am a little computer savvy....

and anyother socket 775 LGA's that anyone would put out there would be nice ; ) under 400$ of course

I have a 6700Q and I love it, not much it can't handle. I've not managed to run all cores at 100% yet

Yea i definatly got my eye on it after today. INTEL HAD A HUGE PROCESSOR PRICE DROP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! so now the 400 doller processor is 299.99... out of stock on new egg SIGH....

HyperThreading is an Intel technology created for multi-threaded code, allowing multi-threaded apps to run better. Don't confuse it with multi-threading, which that Core 2 Quad does support. HT is just a technology brand name from Intel. Future apps are going to be optimized for multi-core processors, so the Core 2 Quad is a good buy if you're into doing that.

Yea i got auto notify im gonna be waiting with a credit card on hand all month.. YAy for newegg

I just orderd my Q6600 yesterday before they all sold out :p
I plan to run it on a EVGA 680i NF68-A1, if anyone has any other suggestions let me know

Lucky there 50 bucks higher now.... hey tell me how your evga setup runs cause im thinkin of goin with em... or mabey even gigabyte? i dun know but i think ill place my order somtime this week

I just ordered today!

supersmashbrada said:
I'm buying a p5k deluxe from asus, and buying new TEC cooling. Hoping to get my quad to 4Ghz.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz

Antec Performance One P180B Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability through the majority of chassis 1.0mm cold rolled steel around the 4 x HDD area ATX Mid Tower

EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD4000AAKS 400GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

Antec TPQ-850 ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply

ASUS V-60 92mm Vapo Bearing CPU Cooler

OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR8002GK

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

All for about hmm... $1642.97 weeeeee i got 3000 left in the bank

well my comp is set up for Upgrades and all being a 680i it should handle. im gonna install my OS on my raptor and fill up my 400 gig with movies and music. i got about 12000 songs.... sigh i am a audiophile..... and im think that id be pertty happy with a 2.66 duel core but i will OC it to eather 3.0ghz or 3.2 ghz... i will need help with that one though.. i cant do BIOS crap if my life depended on it... ehh well looks like your set up strikes mine down...tear... lol well at least i got 3 grand in the bank ; )

if you overclock your cpu it should perform just as good as mine. You should just be able to just increase your front side bus to obtain the overclock you want on your board.

Yea thats what i was thinkin. If my comp runs good at 2.66 im not gonna mess with it but if i do want a performance boost then ill do it!

I'll tell you right now. I've not been able to put all cores at 100% yet. Ran couple stress programs, and some video editing stuff. You should have no issues. I overclock because I can, not because I have to.

yea i think that i will have one of the better computers on the whole island!... ive built a quad for a guy over here and i couldent even get them over 30%.. sigh... well that guy spent about 5 - 7 grand on his... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back