I want your game recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjps220

I haven't really been into pc gaming until recently and I just wanted to get some suggestions as to what games people highly recommend. I've got a better computer now so I feel more confident in handling current games. I'm sure everyone has their favorites that they've played for hours on end and love to tell others to try. I would like to hear!

Right now I play a lot of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. It's an older game, but I've played it so much, and it was a free download. Since it's free and it's so much fun, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new game. Its older so it doesn't need a top of the line pc by any means. Anyone else addicted to Enemy territory?

I play enemy territory...I'm usually on KARNAGE server my name is BloodShed in red. Buy nfs: most wanted its a crazy game I heard...try counter strike : source, half-life 2, battlefield 2 for SURE...if you want the best free shooting game in the world (i think) go to www.americasarmy.com the real army made that game its an MMOFPS like enemy-territory but much better but too bad i cant play cus my pc is 5 years old :( you try it though ok? You can crawl like enemy territory but you can roll while on the floor like a baby haha. But seriously watch the trailer and you'll automatically want to play like me ;)

top games nowadays are FEAR, DOOM 3, Half life 2, Quake 4, and the new wolfenstein. Those really test your computer specs, but i'm not sure your 6600GT will be able to play those up to their full potential. still, medium quality is quite nice

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Yeah I've heard good things about FEAR, Half life 2, americas army and battlefield 2 and I want to try all of them. Americas army is free right? That would mean I would get that first since I'm a little low on funds. I've tried doom 3 and I like it but it freaks me out!

Akifuddin, I'm a part of USEF so I'm usually on their server and my name is Jeff.

The KING OF ALL GAMES:

HALO!

Try the free demo, buy the whole game for $20. It will hook you on FPS's. You arn't a seasoned gamer until you play it. Beat it on Legendary, and call yourself a Spartan!

Does xbox count? I've played a ton of halo and halo 2 on xbox. I've been my fair share of halo lan parties too. Good times!

why dont u go for some prince's stuff (prince of persia series)...very nice adventure and action with good graphics

CALL OF DUTY 1 OR 2. that is my favorite game by far. its a first person ww2 shooter.

Do u want to play Multy Player or Single Player games?

Both COD'S 1 & 2 have great MP and SP but the AI in COD2 is terrible. i didnt notice the first time i played it but after a while i realized how very bad it was. but i spend hours and hours playing online when i can.

When I built my game PC last year, the first thing I installed was Half-Life 2. There's nothing like seeing that game with a good game PC. I really enjoyed the game but the ending was a little disappointing.

I also had a great time with FEAR. I really liked the story and the graphics are pretty sweet.

The game I'm playing now is Call of Duty 2. Awesome game. I want to go back and play COD 1 just to see how it is.

I played Quake 4 for about an hour. I just didn't like it.

I am currently playing guild wars, its awsome. i play it on dial up with no problems, but for 50 bucks its kind of pricey. It has Great graphics, and a great story line

Games hot right now are:
NFS: Most Wanted
Battlefield 2 + Special Forces Addon Pack
F.E.A.R.
Call of Duty 2
Halo
Half Life 2
Counter Strike: Source
Doom 3 + Resurrection of Evil expansion pack
Quake 4
Guild Wars
World Of Warcraft

acexzy said:
I am currently playing guild wars, its awsome. i play it on dial up with no problems, but for 50 bucks its kind of pricey. It has Great graphics, and a great story line
$50 for a game now a day is pretty noraml. I will have to agree with all the games listed here. Although I will have to admit I really like Serious Same 2 even though it didn't do that well with sales or on the reviews.

I just bought Guild Wars a few days ago based on recommendations by others on this forum. I was able to start playing it on my Geforce2 MX400 card (was still waiting on my new card, set the graphics quality to horribly low settings), but my 6600GT can crank it up all the way. It is beautiful (pretty fun to play, too). I currently have Age of Empires 3 on my want to buy list. The Age of Empires series is the king of all games series in my opinion and many others feel the same way. I doubt Ensemble Studios will disappoint with it's newest incarnation (though I haven't played it). Check it out, too.

Games on a budget that don't suck, (single Player)

Quake Simply the best for ambiance and gameplay. Set it up for openGL with FitzQuake and it rules!
Quake2 Superb fun, awesome graphics even by today's standards.
Medal of Honor Allied Assault. With a nice graphics card you cant beat it for $10 bucks.
Powerslide This driving game is the Quake of the genre, drive anywhere, wicked tracks and cool cars. (hard to find) I got one at EBgames new for $3.99!
Call of Duty 1 Bargain bin fun!
Return to Castle Wolfenstein Graphics are real nice, and the game is fast!
Pro Pinball I think you can get a three pack for $20. The most realistic series hands down! I'm old school haha...
There are lots more out there you don't have to spend big bucks to have a fun gaming experience.
I hope you try some or all of these, they're the most fun you can have with your clothes on. (unless you game naked). Cheers! :grinthumb

World of Warcraft
Battlefield 2
Both great games but expensive

Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
Great older game that is easy on your computer and cheap.

Serious Sam 2 looks really great but the guys at Croteam really made a mess of not making the environments as expansive as in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. That was the part I really loved in that game and sadly, it took away the lustre of SS2.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Serious Sam 2 looks really great but the guys at Croteam really made a mess of not making the environments as expansive as in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. That was the part I really loved in that game and sadly, it took away the lustre of SS2.
Well I must say that SS2 is the first one that I have played. I had friends at work that played the earlier games and liked them so were looking forward to SS2 being released and when it did I went out and got it. Didnt play it for a while because I was most caught up in Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4 and really just getting around to playing but liking it so far. :D

Rpg

A good RPG is fable: the lost chapters, it has more features than the xbox version, and your pc should handle it well

It depends on what type of game you like:
RTS: Command and Conquer generals/zero hour or the age of empires stuff
RPG: Morrowind
FPS: Half Life 2, Battlefront/field 2
There are loads more i could recommend, but it all depends...

Thanks for all the suggestions! It looks like I have to try HL2.

I played Fable (not the lost chapters one but still) and morrowind on xbox. I liked both but Morrowind is way up there on the list of my all time favorite games so that was a great recommendation!

I'm trying to find call of duty cheap all by itself but I'm having a bit of trouble. There's a double pack of it with some expansion for $35 (canadian) which I might get. I've been downloading a ton of demos recently so I'm trying out battlefield 2 and call of duty 2 right now. Both seem very fun but I don't think I should spend that much.

glad you liked morrowind, it's one of my all-time favourites, and i hope you are anticipating Oblivion. The expansions are well worth the money.

yeah I'm very excited for oblivion. I wasn't huge on the xbox 360 because I didn't like a lot of the games, but I still wanted oblivion. That's one of the reasons I wanted a new computer. I can't wait for this game. I hope it runs well on my computer.

Did you play morrowind on xbox or pc? I had it for xbox and I found the game quite buggy. Is it the same for the pc version? I'd consider getting it for pc if I could find it cheap and it ran smoother.

I was looking around at an electronics store and they have half-life 2 game of the year edition which includes:

• Half life 2
  • counter strike: source
  • half life 2: deathmatch
  • half life: source

It costs the same as most newer games (COD2 and BF2) do which is $59.99 (again, canadian dollars). Is this a good deal? I'm interested in HL2 and counter strike source as they both seem to be very popular. Has anybody played the last two games? what does source mean?

I've go the PC version which is great, not only because of the sheer number of mods and downloadables, it runs fine on low settings, and looks great on high ones. I run it at max settings with a BFG geforce 5700oc and 768mb RAM. no problems with bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back