I would say this is incorrect. Would you?

beef_jerky4104

http://www.jayssite.com/stuff/childhacker/childhacker.html

Please read it. I found so may thing I believe to be lies within it.

Comment on them.

Fore example: O.o I buy AMD therefore I'm a hacker. First AMD is not third world I have a friends who works for them here in Austin TX. Though I know some products they make are made in Malaysia.

I've read Geeks by Jon Katz. This book is not about hacking. It is about two people who are geeks and have social issues. And how they improved there life!

And about there comments on Unix bases OS. Hackers when refering to open source would not mean a computer hacker. In fact hacker is in corret for that title. It should be "Cracker".

How does moving away from AOL cause people to be a hacker?

This looks like 90% tripe to me. The only valid theme in here is the point about keeping an eye on young people using the internet - but this is true for all sorts of reasons, not just this muddled article which starts on hacking and wanders off subject to make ill-founded accusations about totally bona fide organisations. There is probably a hidden agenda here, but I cannot be bothered to look for it.
(Tripe - ancient food from the North of England made from cows guts: vernacular for rubbish)

Does anyone actually check their sources around here?

So many people posting crap they read from some dodgy website, and believing that its true. I swear, one day I'm gonna start a website, and tell everyone that bigger LCD monitors increase their chance of getting testicular cancer, and everyone should use 17" monitors....

That site is written by a 19 year old. Lets just assume it wasn't. You'd think any parent who had enough skills to program that website would believe half that crap?

Lets say you noticed that he actually got that article elsewhere.

Did anyone bother to check what other kinds of articles were on? "How to deal with communism in the workplace". Enough said.

Statistics should be a compulsory subject in high school. Heck, make the book "How to lie with statistics" a compulsory read. Do something. The world's getting dumber and dumber with all this information available in an instant. Don't anyone know that 82% of statistics quoted are made up on the spot?

Nice find, beef.

Made me laugh and I'm guessing that it's most likely meant as just a joke, if not, then someone is really, um, misinformed?

The problem with giving this sort of thing space is that it eventually gets seen by the media. Suddenly it is in the Daily Mail (UK middle England panic striking rag) and is fact. Then the government get on the bandwagon and there is a health and safety edict out telling us not to use laser printers because they fry your scrotum (ladies - you are safe with this).
Dear God, where will it all end? Will he answer an atheist? Does He use AOL?

To give you credit, you actually doubted the validity of the article.

Good on ya.

".... which was written by Microsoft for the US government."

As if the U.S government would use a Microsoft OS. ;)

As if..
BlameCanada - please could you look west-ish and wave at Victoria, at the same time shouting 'Hello Uncle Jim & Auntie Teresa' They'll know it was from me. Ta

I've seen this before. It seems kinda like an april fools day joke in a way. Kinda funny though, since it's all wrong, but written as if it's fact.

This reminds me of when I heard that a geek is a person who bites live chickens heads off, but that actually seems to be true, how strange.

AlbertLionheart said:
As if..
BlameCanada - please could you look west-ish and wave at Victoria, at the same time shouting 'Hello Uncle Jim & Auntie Teresa' They'll know it was from me. Ta
That better be a joke.

On another note... that site made me laugh! Hell, it made my mom laugh, and she's always going on about how I'm on the computer too much.

I especially loved the part about the AMD CPUs and about "Lunix" being an illegal hacker operating system ;)

Ref the youtube - what did I say in my post (#6) about the media getting hold of it?
'nuff said, its fact now, and parents all over the place will be checking for the 10 critical pointers.

Hacking with Comet Cusor? WTF!! LOL

My 5 year old must be a haxor because his computer has an AMD processor and he has been spending more time on it lately. Oh wait, he plays Spongebob for 30 minutes and the comp has no net access. He must still be a haxor!

By the tone of the youtube video I'm pretty sure they were making fun of the website.

They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. If your son starts requesting these devices, it is possible that he has a legitimate need. You can best ensure that you are buying legal, trustworthy hardware by only buying replacement parts from your computer's manufacturer.

...break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

Those parts made me seriously :haha: :haha:!!!

@ whole thing: major :haha:

Time to whip out my Bonzi Buddy and Flash so I can h4x0r the interw3bs!

LMFAO it's a joke people! I read the same article on some site a while back and it was archived under their 'Internet Idiocy' section. 'nuff said. ;)

beef_jerky4104 said:
It is about two people who are geeks and have social issues. And how they improved there life!

By the accepted definition of "geek" it doesn't seem necessary to say "geeks that have social issues".
A "geek" is already someone with social issues.

Now, "there" is an adverb! It sort of tells a verb where to go. THEIR, is the possessive pronoun that I think you were looking for.

Codex Computing said:
WOW for the last 10 years of my life i have been a hacker and i have not realised it. shame on me lol

same, but it's been like 4 or 5 years or something.

with regards to point 1, i suggested changing isp's once because we could get a better package for less money. we're not on AOL but i would never go there, everyone i know who has it has had a bad experience

why would asking for a faster processor or a decent graphics card make you a hacker?

"AMD chips are never sold in stores" AMD cpu's are on display in my local Maplin store, which is a hacker's favourite chain of superstores, of course ;)

i seriously can't believe this article and the amd part made my jaw drop haha

oh, and the "lunix" bit is also unbelievable, i really wanna know if this article is serious or not :D

me and my cousin call ourselves hackers but we don't really mean it, we're just totally 1337 ;) plus i bought this haxX0r shirt :D

what're people's opinions on this blanket as well, i really wanna buy it haha

Once more the truly sad part is that I was trying to get my friend to replace his dead computer. I told him, since he only had about $450 to just go with AMD. But he refused! He believes that article so much, pathetic.

that really is crazy. you need to go to a local pc shop and look for amd processors and prove that part wrong.

also, how would amd be able to own ati and have a flashy website if they were a "third-world based company" :confused:

Back