ialmrnt5 driver help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am not brilliant with computers but bear with me.
I have a problem with my computer switching off randomly while putting cds onto my new mp3 player (no new software-so is this an over heating problem?)

Also, recently, I have been told by my computer/microsoft update, to update my graphics driver...intel(R) 82830M

I did, now every now and then, i get a blue screen, with error message reading that there is a problem with ialmrnt5
and that the device driver got stuck in an infinite loop?!
and an error message 0x000000EA

I have a toshiba sattellite 3000 series

i don'tknow what else you may need to know

i think this graphics driver is being discontinued and not updatable any more though...this is worrying
please help?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could be an overheating problem, laptops are very sensitive to heat. Check your system temperatures, and make sure your system isn`t full of dust etc.

Go to your laptop manufacturers website, and download a different version of your graphics drivers.

Uninstall your current graphics drivers, and then reinstall with the downloaded drivers. See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

yhanks for replying!
i tried that...but i can't find the right download...dont think i know enough to choose the right one!
also, doesnt the driver need to be by intel...as the graphics chip set is from them? have i got that wrong?
x

thankyou kindly! do i need the chip set utility or display driver? and how do i know if i need any of the other stuff listed there?
also, is that an upgrade or a new driver???
(its a sattellite 3000-x4)

also, if you was me...would you uninstall...the old driver...before running these downloads or not?
not that i ihave little idea of what i am doing!

Yes I`d deffinitely recommend you to uninstall the old display driver first. Don`t uninstall the old chipset drivers though.

Regards Howard :)

promise this is the last question, at least till i do summat stupid and kill my laptop...how do i uninstall? thru add/remove programs?
thankyou soooo much
xxx :p

Yes uninstall through add remove programmes.

Then, reboot your computer. You`ll probably see the found new hardware wizard. Just cancel it, and install the new drivers, and reboot your system. Then readjust your screen resolution, if you need to.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back