IBM Thinkpad T21

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgear

Ok around one month ago I bought an IBM Thinkpad at a yardsale for five dollars because the battery connections had dust on them so the people thought it was broken.Back on topic now the t21 has 256 megs of ram in it running XP as it was made for Windows 2000 Pro.But on startup in Xp the laptop sometimes Freezes up and maybe after two restarts it runs fine and very fast on xp.Do you know why it freezes and I have a huge tower fan beside it in case it is overheating and I have speedfan which says the temp is at 88 degrees fahrenheit.IBM's are great laptops with their water resistance and all.

try this..

umm, u should to try to format the hard disk and install windows Xp again, that should to fix ur problem,, i hope it helps you...

Testing the RAM and the hard drive can't hurt.

Considering that the battery leads were dirty, the same could apply to all other components. Removing, cleaning and reattaching the RAM, hard drive and the optical drive may be a good idea.

Beside, that was the greatest deal i ever heard of. You got a robust laptop right into your hand. Congratulation! :D

bushwhacker said:
Beside, that was the greatest deal i ever heard of. You got a robust laptop right into your hand. Congratulation! :D

Yeah I hate to say it but the previous may be in the ground now because she was around ninety-eight.But yes it is a great deal.

mgear said:
Yeah I hate to say it but the previous may be in the ground now because she was around ninety-eight.But yes it is a great deal.

Does the age of laptop matters to you? To me, it doesn't, because it was extremely cheap.

Beside, did you got it working again ?
Plus, have you checked for the battery recall?

bushwhacker said:
Does the age of laptop matters to you? To me, it doesn't, because it was extremely cheap.

Beside, did you got it working again ?
Plus, have you checked for the battery recall?
No the age does not matter to me , and the battery is old and can only hold a full charge for around five minutes :dead: .I have tried to get a new battery but they are a little pricey.

bushwhacker said:
You always can pick it up at ebay for a decent price.

But purchasing the new battery from Lenovo is better idea.

Lenovo has turned the company around to a even better company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back