Ibm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is john
I have an IBM desktop that I recently changed the resolution to. After i did that I turned off the computer and came back a few minutes after.
When I started up the computer is started booting up and all of a sudden I went into a black screen and nothing else followed.
I have tried to start it up in almost every mode possible and nothing seems to work. I even tried to re-install windows but it will not detect the cd at all
any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
thans in advance
john

You likely have more than one problem. Video graphics is out of range, and your optical drive has gone bad.
Since you say you have tried several modes, I assume that includes SAFE MODE but that is where you do it.
A new optical drive is $24 to $29 for CDRW, and $35 to $59 for DVD-RW... Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City, or online at any online computer store.
Keep attempting to boot in Safe Mode, and if you get there, go to Display in the Control panel and change your settings to 800 x 600 so you can start to fix it.

Since I don't know your level of experience, and others may want to know.
Cold boot, then press the <F8> key once per second until Safe Mode comes up, then await all the screen stuff to complete their gymnastics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back