Ibm00025.exe error comes up at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalba

hi....lil problem here.

every time i turn on my computer, i get the following error pop up on my dektop:

c:/program files/common files/ microsoft shared/web folders/ibm00025.exe cannot be found"

can anybody assist please?

Run msconfig & remove it from the startup. Apparently the application has changed path & as a result is not being launched at startup, if it doesn't stop your computer from operating properly then it wasn't necessary from the beginning.

to Patrickja2007:

what does that program do? i don't want to install something that may cause the system to crash or worse. is it like a registry cleanup?

Hi jalba

Please download Startup Control Panel, here
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
There is no install required

It is similar to MsConfig, but hopefully should show you the problem startup shortcut "ibm00025.exe"
If so, just disable it (untick) and then restart to confirm that it is gone.

Put it this way, I unticked everything in all tabs

There are a couple of exceptions

Antivirus
Personnal Firewall
Mouse drivers on laptops

All other startup shortcuts are disabled

Also this is reversable (by rerunning Startup Control Panel)

But whenever you return back to normal start up to load your devices the malware will appear again. I told you what to do already!

Have a good luck!

ALL 4 NAIJA

Patrickja2007 we are talking about shortcuts

You are talking about "ibm00025.exe" (FILE) which cannot be found (because it's gone!!

Patrickja2007, I am also concerned about some of your support info. Have you any experience in this ?

Please do not advice anyone, anything unless you have lots of experience with these things. I have also checked other posts by you (on other threads), and this is why I have a concern

kimsland said:
Patrickja2007 we are talking about shortcuts

You are talking about "ibm00025.exe" (FILE) which cannot be found (because it's gone!!

Patrickja2007, I am also concerned about some of your support info. Have you any experience in this ?

Please do not advice anyone, anything unless you have lots of experience with these things. I have also checked other posts by you (on other threads), and this is why I have a concern
Thank you and I quit. Sorry to say you couldn't at first identify what that file ibm00025.exe stood for. Now you are mouthy about experience.

I quit this forum for GOD sake. Bye everyone!

ALL4NAIJA

Start > run > sysedit

Maximize the folder

Probably in system.ini

When you find it delete the whole line, exit then save (easier that way)

ummmm kimsland....u go hate me for this, but the line's not there!!! it hiding reeeeallllll good.....lol

Before we get the mainstream of replies comming in, I have one more suggestion which WILL show the startup shortcut

Go HERE and download Autoruns

After unzipping you will find the following files now: autoruns.chm autoruns.exe autorunsc.exe Eula.txt

Double click autoruns.exe.
If this is the first time you launch autoruns, you may be prompted to agree to the license terms. Either accept them and use autoruns or decline them and remove autoruns from your hard disk

Now when it starts, it will do this big scan for everything that starts with your computer.
Do NOT untick anything (even if you don't want it to start with Windows)
I only want you to look on the right hand side, all the way down the long list for:
c:/program files/common files/ microsoft shared/web folders/ibm00025.exe
Once you find this startup entry, untick the box, on the left hand side, corresponding to it.
Exit autoruns, and restart
Hopefully it's gone !!

Note: most of the files in Autoruns allow Windows to start, therefore do not disable anything but ibm00025.exe (The little bugger it is !

Please reply back once done

hi kimsland....just wanted to thank you cause the program did stop the ibm stuff to pop up :)
But now the new thing at startup is that the "my computer" folder pops up! lol. close one door and another opens ...hehehe. i'll play around with autoruns to see if i cud stop THAT from happening.
but sweet program though....how did u cum upon it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back