Icons Changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz1234

Just wondering if I have a further problem here in that the icons in the intenet explorer task bar keep changing for example the nurburgring webcam favourite has a ebay logo!

Just wondering if anyone knows why this is, I have just got rid of a pop up type virus with the help of you lot, however this started before then!

The only thing I can think of is that Xoftspy SE keeps picking up a virus which i have always believed is a false positive as many people complain of this!

Its not a virus as such but it's starting to annoy me! Heres a HJT log

zipperman said:
Do you mean here ?
Try Custom.

No it's where the web adress comes up and theres a picture next to it, the same picture is usually up if you make it a favourite (sorry not technically gifted).

It's actually when i'm on the internet, it stays like that for the rest of the day

The virus is listed as Virus.Win32.Delf.ak and only appears on a xoftspy scan

HJT Log

Thats in my attachment

It says Google.Thats my search choice.
I have IExplorer 7.Have you added this to your address bar.
Post a picture of yours.
I can't help otherwise.

Your HJT log is clean.

For your trojan problem, try the following.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type regedit into the runbox and press the enter key.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/SVKP and delete it.

Close regedit, reboot your system and rehide your protected OS files.

I`m not sure what`s causing your icon problem.

Regards Howard :)

Loz I'm getting the same thing this morning. For example the icon that shows up when I'm on Google alternates between ESPN's logo and Panda's logo. Some of the icons in my favorites list are screwy too.

Attached is a screen capture. Not a big deal, but still strange.

That is the same thing! At the moment i'm getting the sun logo on the techspot webpage! I've only been on the sun's webpage once, ever! BTW howard, the regedit thing didn't work because there was no file!

ok cheers for looking howard!

edit: just did another scan and it says the virus is located at system/currentcontrolset/services/svkp/enum/ and there are 3 entries in that folder

didn't work for me zipperman but thanks for the tip!

I think it may just be a temporary glitch or something

Last night I deleted my browsing history and cleaned up the temporary internet files. Then ran another cleanup and "One Button Checkup" in Norton. Icons seem to be back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back