I'd like to remove and relocate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiziks

*yawn, ok lemme try to articulate... these icons return after deletion and I'd like for them to be removed permanently..

desktop-
IE, My comp., My network places, My documents
documents-
My music (I know it does this when I create a new playlist in WMP) which brings me to part two..

how can I get windows media to save it's playlists in another folder?

Which operating system are you using? Some things work differently depending on the OS.

This is for problem 1 -

"Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID

The Desktop Icons are listed as sub-keys of the CLSID key.The sub-key identifications are;
My Network Places {208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}
My Computer {20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
My Documents {450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}
Recycle Bin {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
Internet Explorer {871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}

Select the key to be changed in the left pane, then double click the Default value in the right pane and enter the desired text. For the example above I selected the My Documents key and changed the text to "Elder Geek Documents" as you can see in the Data column in the right pane of Registry Editor. To view the changes, switch to the desktop and press F5 to refresh the screen.

If you don't like the change, undo it by right clicking on the Default value and click Delete to revert to the default display. To view the changes, switch to the desktop and press F5 to refresh the screen."

From - HERE

but uh.. the, um.. this is to rename desktop Icons, not remove

but that's cool anyways, even though I just use tweak tools for that

Even though you ignored my question, I will tell you how to remove those four items from your desktop, that is, if you have Windows XP. :)

Right click on an empty part of the desktop then click "Properties." Click on the "Desktop" tab and then click on "Customize Desktop." Uncheck those four items you want to remove from the desktop. Click "OK" and you're done.

For Windows Media Player 10, if the menu bar is not already displayed, right click on the top edge of WMP and show menu bar OR click the maximize button near the right top corner. From the Menu Bar click "Tools" and "Options." Click the "Rip Music" tab. Click "Change" to change the folder in which your music is stored.

Gahhhhhh, the first solution doesn't, and hasn't ever worked
\V/check screenshot

and I know how to store music in another folder, I need to change the folder where my "playlist (.wpl)" files are automatically stored upon creation

Attachments

• icononsense.jpg
    icononsense.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 6
Hmmm. When I do it, it removes the icons from my desktop. I have no explanation why it doesn't work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back