Ide and sata?

Status
Not open for further replies.
could you tell me then why my maxtor 320gb hdd wont go with my 'unknown hardrive, its 60gb and it doent display its name in device manager, its a ide, fully updated, fully working, but my sata (maxtor) 1 is not displayed in my computer but is displayed in device manager, i plugged everything in the write sockets/plugs and then updated the drivers (all up to date)

I cannot make heads or tails of what you are saying.

Which drive works, which doesn't?

Read your manual -

ok, i have a unknown 60gb hardrive instaLLED ON MY COMPUTER ALREADY, And i want to add the new 320gb to form a 380, but i want to beable to access them seperately so my 320gb will be like disk (e:/) and my old 1, the unknown one will be c:/ (still), but when i install my new 1 and look in my computer i cannot find anything to do with it, i can only find what i used to find ( floppy, dvd drive and my old hdd) but when i access device manager, its in there and says its working fine, with all drivers fully up-to-date so i was wondering how come it isnt in my computer, and how can i get it there + fixed?

Left click Start, right click My Computer, left click Manage, left click Disk management, right click on the drive icon for the NEW drive, Initialize I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back