IDE channel 1 drives are invisible....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

Hello,

Well, my PC randomly turned off, no overheating, no overclocking, no voltage spike, then I noticed my dvd-rw and dvd-rom drives were apparently missing (allthough working a second ago).

I consulted device manager and they both had "!"s by them, so i reinstalled them, they were detected and "successfully installed and ready to use". No luck.

Then I tried changing the cable, no luck.

Then even odder, after another random shutdown (somtimes at startup, somtimes randomly) the BIOS decided there was no dvd drives plugged in, then after a restart they reappeared.

Odd eh? I think the motherboards had it. Allthough everything is supposedly working fine.

My Specs: (everything has latest firmware and drivers (inlcludes BIOS))

1 x LG DVD-ROM
1 x LG DVD-RW
1 x Maxtor Fireball 40gb
1 x Seagate Barracuda 80gb

Abit NF8-V nForce 3 250gb (SKT 754 - under one year old)
Amd 64 3400+ (Artic Cooling Freezer64 - 29C - vCore @ 1.55V defualt)
1 x Crucial PC3200 1GB
1 x Crucial PC3200 512MB
6800GT 256MB Gainward 2400GS

Hiper Type-R 480W (34A 12+ Rail)

Cheers People,

Alex

Check your motherboards cdrom for drivers. If its, say, a via chipset then you have to install drivers.
thats good amperage on the 12 volt rail.

If you have the Nvidia motherboard drivers installed that may be a source, Nvidia motherboard drivers tend to casue random problems with optical drives. most fols who are into burning with DVD's etc. uninstall the Nvidia mobo drivers and use the genric ones that windows installs. or it could be that one of your optical drives is going bad. worse scenario would be your mobo is going bad. another thing to look at would be to use speedfan and check your PSU rail voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back