IDE master, Sata slave

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitto

Hello, I recently purchased a sata harddrive in order to add to my comp. I installed the sata drivers from the motherboard cd and it still won't recognize the drive yet I use a sata DVD drive fine. There are 6 sata ports on the computer. Any suggestions ok helping me install this drive that came with no CDs or manuals. Thanks

Did you Partition and format the drive in the NTFS format? If you didn't then that has to be done first.

Access the disk management console. Go to Start-Run and enter "diskmgmt.msc" sans-quotes.

Also, it's not a slave, you simply are not booting off it.

Sorry for all these questions but

Do I plug in the hard drive? and then do this? After I enter diskmgmt.msc will it format it or will it prompt me with other options, thanks!!

Leave the drive unplugged completely and run diskmgmt.msc. It will completely format without prompting you--from up to 3 feet away--and you'll be good to go.

technicalfury42 said:
Leave the drive unplugged completely and run diskmgmt.msc. It will completely format without prompting you--from up to 3 feet away--and you'll be good to go.
That's just cruel.....:evil: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Well I can convert it to a dynamic disk or a basic disc, but i cant find where to format it to nfts, laugh all you want, i just have never really worked with sata drives or formatting secondary drives

Heh, I figured it out by looking at the disk mngment manual, go figure, heh thanks all, i really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back