IDE Problem. Need help BADLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just currently got a used motherboard from a friend on my forum. He tested it before he shipped it and said it booted up fine. So when it got here, I installed an AMD 1000 and 256mb ram in it. I hooked up everything as normal (Hard drive and CD-Rom). When i turned the PC on, The PSU and motherboard turned on, But i noticed the CD-Rom and Hard drive werent booting. Everything was plugged in fine. I unplugged the IDE cable from the motherboard and turned on the PC again and the hard drive and cd-rom turned on. I tried a different IDE cable and reset the CMOS as well. I dont know what to do. Please help!

WHat brand and what model motherboard is this? can you get into the bios? go into the bios and set it to "defaults" or "fail safe defualt"

So you not able to enter the bios during bootup?

if the mobo int dead then I would check the installation . you made sure to use sadn offs to keep the mobo from contacting any metal on the case? double check to make sure there is not metal parts in contact with the mobo that could be causing it to short.

always on new install all new hardware
reset the cmos jumper to default
do this without removing the battery
but with the power cord unplugged
if not onboard video on first boot if no vid remove card boot without card reinstall same boot again
sometimes on older systems you may need to go and remove processor to and then reset cmos jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back