IDE to Sata converters any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw23

Has anyone done any work with these connectors? It is supposed to convert an older Ide drive into a SATA drive. If this isnt a very good converter, but someone has a link to a better style it would greatly be appriciated.

They work just fine for me. They are very nice to have if you are upgrading and want to keep your old ide hard drives.

Note: These will only work with hard drives, not optical drives (cd/dvd)

How sure are you that they wont work with optical drives? The specs on the one in the link states that it will....?

Hmm. Well if I am able to get a hold of one then I will let you know if it works. My case is pretty small and it doesnt have many fans, which makes it run pretty warm... thats the main reason that I was looking into this... figured it may help out my airflow to get rid of some big bulky wires.

Thanks for your imput.

Supersmashbrada, did you know that your inbox is full? I was trying to send you a message and it wouldnt go through... maybe you did that on purpose so I wouldnt bug you... huh?

Uh no I didnt know it was full. I sent you a msg yesterday I believe, but I'll clear some stuff out.

*edit: please be more concise with the quote function.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back