IE 7 100% CPU Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attempted all fixes I have found, ran McAfee and AdAware SE and removed everything I could. Still when launching IE it uses 100% system resources, so I uninstalled the application and tried to reinstall with the IE 7 installer from the web. I says it installs fine, but when I reboot there is no IE. If I log in F8 as admin I have IE and it works. I am attaching my HJT.txt file for help.

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O21 - SSODL: bestreak - {874443fe-aa33-4ebf-a6ac-73208787e62d} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system. Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Let me know if you`re still having IE problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of archangel7th only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for Welcome and Quick Reply

Ok, I stopped every thing I could and launched HJT again, cleaned out the file you suggested and then clicked the donate Paypal button on HJT to see how IE would respond, took a little longer,, 30secs but still went to 100 percent usage. I captured a print of the task manager to see if it might help.

Your HJT log is clean.

Try uninstalling IE7 and rolling back to IE6, see if that helps.

You might also want to try a system restore to before your problem began.

Can you give any details of when this problem first started?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of archangel7th only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks

Unfortunatly this is a friends computer, so I do not have good back history. I am attempting a restore now,, if it does not fix the problem and reinstalling IE continues to fail (both ver 6&7), I will simply have him run his restore cd. I thank you greatly for your time, efforts, and quick responce...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back