IE 7.x Cannot Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgower2

Hey All,

New issue for me that I've never seen or heard of before. I try to download anything in IE and the download dialogue opens, but it just sits there at 0 %. Eventually it times out with a message that the server connection was reset. Firefox downloads fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This article on the microsoft site explains one possible cause http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299328

May be something malware related. I would suggest that you go Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting to read about malware first.

After reading if you decide you want to clean your system go Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the instructions exactly. Then attach the requested logs in the security section of these forums which can be found Security and the Web

Thanks for the reply. I don't have go-zilla and I'm pretty sure my system is clean. I've rebooted and now it's downloading, but really slow. IE did this the other day as well. I'll have to do a thorough scan with my A/V/SW apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back