IE automatic window popup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

When the IE finishes loading a window this pops up automatically. Happens on a random basis. How can this be permanently disabled?
A friend of mine even complains that WinXP does it with tasks, but I couldn't confirm this.

yep sounds like one of the charming little spyware programs that integrates itself into the browser. adaware or spy bot search and destroy should remove it.

run them both

then run spyblaster.........that will keep a plethora of already identified spyware from ever getting in

:rolleyes:
Naah, not special windows are popping up...
A window - any window I WANT to have - loads and as soon as it is ready it pops up and doesn't stay in the background. If you are typing or clicking something in another window this can be bothersome. There must be a way to disable this permanently.

Hmmm, wait a sec. Perhaps you meant that an integrated tool has set windows to automatic popup?
I'm not sure whether that's a standard WinXP "feature" or not.
Sorry if I didn't get it.
But there are no alien popups, that's not what I'm talking about.

use avant browser it uses the IE shell and a tabbed interface and has the option of having the window open in the background. it also has an excellent pop up blocker that really works. and best of all it's free.

you can download the latest version at

www.majorgeeks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back