IE Error Message Everytime I Close It

Status
Not open for further replies.

jephph

My friend has been having some trouble with his Internet Explorer. Everytime he closes an IE window, the Microsoft error window pops up that says "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close" or something to that effect. Here are a couple of his minidumps. Thank you.

Both minidumps crash at ialmdd5.DLL. This is the DirectDraw(R) Driver for Intel(R) Graphics Technology. They also reference rings.exe. Is this the only game that is causing this problem?

Tell your friend to update his videocard drivers. If the problem is only with the War of the rings game. Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the game. also, check with the game manufacturers website for any updates/patches.

Both minidumps have a bugcheck of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

I can`t see any reference to IE. Maybe doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE will solve the IE problem.

Regards Howard :)

try going to control panel-add remove programs---select Internet explorer and remove..when the menu appears select REPAIR and that should fix it...best solution is to really dump it and use firefox ..the new version so slick it makes IE look like a cavemans stone tablets:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back