ie hijacked.. need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever i use ie to go to an aniti spyware website it would always redirects me to this spysheriff website...
and when i wan to go to youtube, it redirects me to this search engine thing..

i juz followed the preliminary removal instruction
heres the log...

and the antirootkit detected nth...

pls help...

Hi,

I noticed that your AVG log displays 'No Action Taken' for all the files detected.
I require you to run AVG again and quarantine the files. Pictorial instructions HERE.

Download the attached "Combofix-Do.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to the same folder as Combofix.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Viewpoint Manager Service

Go to start > run and type msconfig. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services and uncheck them.

alcmtr

Press ok but do not restart your system yet.

Go to start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.
Remove anything related to the following:

Megaupload Toolbar
TrustIn
Viewpoint Manager

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: ChangerBHO Class - {0edc6c20-a31c-11db-8ab9-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\atikvmagv.dll
O2 - BHO: ContextualAds Class - {3AAC4C68-AFC8-11DB-80EF-8AF955D89593} - C:\Program Files\TrustIn Contextual\trustincontext.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Megaupload Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-CCB0-B130EEDBE97C} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~1\MEGAUP~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Megaupload Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-CCB0-B130EEDBE97C} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~1\MEGAUP~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Close HJT.

Drag the Combofix-Do.txt that you downloaded earlier over on to Combofix.exe and release.

This will ask Combofix to execute the instructions within my file. Let Combofix run normally and do its job. Attach the resultant log in your reply.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of ahtat only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

really grateful for ur help..
i juz followed ur instructions
i couldn't find trustIn

i didn't know what i did but the avg log seems to have lengthened...
until it reached 1.6mb...
mostly are the trustin url changer thing... abt 3000+ lines

Hi,

Please follow these instructions carefully.

1. Download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached "avengerscript.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the attachment avengerscript.txt you have just downloaded, click on it and press open.
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply, as well as a fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware log.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of ahtat only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Well done, your logs are looking clean now.

1. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)
    You may also delete the C:\avenger and C:\VundoFix Backups folder and its contents.

2. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

3. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

4. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back