ie hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys or girls, i need your help. my address is hijacked. everytime i try to open a website with the address bar , it freezes for a a minute then opens 3 windows. i highlight ie at the bottom and it shows three entries 2 say micrososft internet explorer and the other is blank. sometimes it says it cant find null when i try to open a web page the same way. ive ran spybot and adaware it comes up with nothing. im also running spydoctor and everything else i can download and nothing reports anything. im assuming its in the registry. any help

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of axeshredder77 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

still needing some help

hi. sorry about posting the log the wrong way, it was easier to do it that way. my computer is super slow, but i finally got it. still needing some help with this. i ran another program and it got rid of some things, but my address bar is still screwed. im using firefox now, but the computer is still super slow. thanks for any help

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Perfect Keylogger Lite

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

bpk.exe
TrueInstall.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O16 - DPF: {FFFFFFFF-CACE-BABE-BABE-00AA0055595A} - http://www.trueswitch.com/TrueInstall.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Perfect Keylogger Lite<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of axeshredder77 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back