IE open in new window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweakster

When i try to OPEN IN NEW WINDOW the new window appears but fails to load i had 5.5 and now 6.0 yet the problem stays.
I can open loads of pages normally but OPEN IN NEW WINDOW or with a link dosnt work. What also happerns is pages seem to fail when i click a link whick opens a new page, so a new window will opem but fail to load.

Click on Start, Run and type in "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes) & hit Ok. Have all ie windows/explorer closed before doing it though.

Im wrong the main problem hasnt gone. I now find when sending information to open a fresh window with my MSN email in the page fails to load. Ive looked at Help in micorsoft web site but i dont know what im looking for.

Ive found all 3 of the regitry Keys etc.

They all say

{Default} "C:\windows\system\urlmon.dll"
Threadingmodel "Apartament"

I have urlmon.dll Version

Micosoft help web pages Says i need a "16mb" Service pack download but when i install IE 6.0 shouldnt it fix probelm(it didnt) its not like i deleted loads off stuff.

Have you got any ad-blockers/popup-stoppers running. I had this problem with TweakXP's popup-blocker, was stopping me from opening new windows.

i have the same problem :(

browser IE6 (problem)
netscape (no problem)

WHAT WORKS:
i can click FILE/OPEN a new window
i can drag and drop on existing widow
links that do not open new window work fine in existing window

WHAT DOSNT WORK:
links that open new window stay blank and time out with error
i cannot open a new window by right clicking and choosing open new window
popup adds stay blank

i have reinstalled ie6
i have run from command line to re affirm/correct 7 or so registry entrys
i have reinstalled java
i have tried 2 solutions from microsoft knowlege base (hahahaha)

nothing works

deep in my heart i believe the core of the problem is this is a microsoft windows product,,,

in fact that's what i gleamed from microsoft.. reinstall the os...

what else?

any help would be appreciated

come to think of it i am worried ad aware removed some suspect keys from registry

anyone else with this problem remove keys with adaware or possibly Xsoftspy ?

i'll go dig thru the quarrintine files

if this is the case i wonder why microsoft dosnt have a solution on how a key can wipe out your ie links (at least not the right key.. i checked the 4 ms said to check)

thornnnn said:
i have the same problem :(

browser IE6 (problem)
netscape (no problem)

WHAT WORKS:
i can click FILE/OPEN a new window
i can drag and drop on existing widow
links that do not open new window work fine in existing window

WHAT DOSNT WORK:
links that open new window stay blank and time out with error
i cannot open a new window by right clicking and choosing open new window
popup adds stay blank

i have reinstalled ie6
i have run from command line to re affirm/correct 7 or so registry entrys
i have reinstalled java
i have tried 2 solutions from microsoft knowlege base (hahahaha)

nothing works

deep in my heart i believe the core of the problem is this is a microsoft windows product,,,

in fact that's what i gleamed from microsoft.. reinstall the os...

what else?

any help would be appreciated

come to think of it i am worried ad aware removed some suspect keys from registry

anyone else with this problem remove keys with adaware or possibly Xsoftspy ?

i'll go dig thru the quarrintine files

if this is the case i wonder why microsoft dosnt have a solution on how a key can wipe out your ie links (at least not the right key.. i checked the 4 ms said to check)
I can't tell if you are having the exact same problem i had. I was running IE6 with SP2.

one day i couldn't use the "open in new window" for links. If i did, the page would come up blank and fail to load. Links in web pages that opened up on another page would also come up blank.
Also, my IE browser built-in popup blocker wasn't working any more, despite it being turned on with high filter level.

After about a week of searching i found this fix from Microsoft. Sometimes just having the right wording in your search makes all the difference :)

Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll and then click OK.
Repeat for each of the following files (replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below)

• Shdocvw.dll
• Actxprxy.dll
• Oleaut32.dll
• Mshtml.dll
• Browseui.dll
• Shell32.dll

Now restart Windows

It worked great for me. Let me know if this doesn't resolve your problem.

having same issues

Good morning...I'm having the same issues. I'm checking the list you have to make sure I've tried everything...having to resort to using AOL for multiple windows.... :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back