IE7 Popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaizan91

Since last night i have began to recieve random popups from inter explorer 7 upon visiting sites any random site dat is. these poups include stuff like amazon:S apparently and just junk you havw won this crap. i have scanned my computer with various things like trend micro and panda online scanner ad aware no luck. i hve also tried using my own BitDefender.

Hi

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of mfaizan91 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thnx for your advice my avg rootkit scan revealed nothing but i did use hijackthis and found some programs or enteries i was unfamiliar with so i chekd them to be fixd and i think that has done the job. :D Thnx for your help

Hi,

I would highly recommend that you still post the requested logs as very often, merely fixing entries in HijackThis is not enough to rid your system of the infection. The infections would very likely return. For a sure removal, please post the requested logs and I will guide you through the cleaning process.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of mfaizan91 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

:( appears to me like they are back but that seemed to do the trick for couple of hours my hijack this log is attached.

Hi,

Please post the other 2 requested logs from ComboFix and AVG Anti Spyware. Your infection is not so easily fixed through HijackThis. I would need to see the other 2 logs. Thanks.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Hi,

Download the attached "Combofix-Do.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to the same folder as Combofix.
Drag the Combofix-Do.txt over on to Combofix.exe and release.

This will ask Combofix to execute the instructions within my file. Let Combofix run normally and do its job. Attach the resultant log in your reply.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

After that turn system restore back on.
This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back