-albatron geforce4 ti200 128mb video card
-maxtor 40gb 7200 rpm hard drive
-samsung 52x24x52 cdrw
-samsung 1.44 floppy
-onboard nvidia soundstorm sound
-onboard nvidia LAN networking
-2 80mm fans
-nvidia geforce4 ti 4200 with agp8x 5.3.0.3

............... so thats it, what my problem is, is that during gameplay and some movies the computer restarts on me or just shuts down the game.....

what i've heard is that it could be my power supply.... i'm hoping so, because i think i've downloaded all the newest drivers i can............................................................................................................... if it is the power supply...... (oh please, oh please, oh please oh please)... then what wattage should i get and what brand.................. if compatability is a factor??????

pretend like i'm a computer *****, (which i basically am, as far as hardware goes)...... and save my life and the life of my computer..... before i stick my foot in motherboard.... please...

thank you so much.
taylor:confused: :confused: :confused:

hey thanks so much.... i hope it works... i'm trying everything.... i specifically had my friend build me this comp. so i could continue to upgrade and learn as i go..........
and experience, not just gaming, but the gratification of a quality computer in general....

if its not the patch.... do you have any suggestions on power supplies, wattages and brands.... just to keep my options open... know what i mean...

thanks so much....
your loyal newcomer
taylor
:grinthumb

oh and when i say comp *****... i don't really mean that literally..... here's my computer literacy chart
1=barely knows word or how to install a game
100=can fix anything soft or hardware

i'm about a 40 to 60.......... if i don't know it i can usually figure it out.... its hard to judge ya know..... i'm done... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back