Ikernel installshield error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclaren

2 days ago i bought a brand new harddrive and install windows xp pro on it. When i try to install games such as battlefieldvietnam,battlefield1942 i get an error saying "THE INSTALLSHIELD ENGINE (ikernel.exe) COULD NOT BE INSTALLED. (0x10000)" On my other drive those games and other worked without a problem. I dunno how to fix it. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Computer specs:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
1024MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
Windows Xp Pro
ALL updated drivers
New hardrive

Hey that fixed the ikernel.exe problem but right after that i get this error saying "An installtion support file 'C:\doucme~1\dinorc~1\temp\{c992341b-f15c-40af0aa81-dc28ferb483e}\isrt.dll' could not be install

Acces is denied"

Thanks for the ikernel help but how do i fix this now?????

oh i didnt notice that it said "access denied". try to enable viewing of hidden folders/files. make sure you're the admin and have viewing priveleges of the file.

these things that im telling you to do....im not really sure that it will help. im just going on what you tell me...so anyway: in my computer when in a folder, on the left should be your folder tasks. one of them should be something like show all contents of this drive. click it.

ok i went to view and then i click on the one saying show hidden files and folders. Thats it right??

i keep getting error when i am trying to insall a game

An installation support file ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Installshield\engine\6\intel 32\iKernel.exe’ could not be installed. The filename, directory name or volume syntax is incorrect.

can someone help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back